Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I've got competition

The following is an email I received this morning from one of my blog followers. It was a great start to my day. Make sure to see the photos below that were attached to the email.

Jenni,


I realize of course that you have a few entry cooking "classes" under your belt and have made a few fancy cakes and deserts, but it is tough to beat true culinary talent. Especially when it is concentrated in one family like ours. Please note the hard work going on in the icing department (cookie decoration is serious business) along with our award winning taste testing department (he not only can eat the cookies, but he knows the word for it!!) Also note the wonderful consistency of the base cookies and combine that with the fanstastical decorations ranging from super heroes and villains (Iron Man and the special "why so serious" Joker cookie) to our loaded sugar bomb special with more sprinkles on it than you can shake a stick at (or at least the shaker itself). Keep up the good work and we look forward to watching you progress and hope to one day welcome you to the true elite of the baking world.

Sincerely,
Derek
CEO Brown Baking Company

President and VP of the company hard at work.

Their workers take decorating seriously

This one is the taste tester.

Can you see Iron man and the Joker?

Look at those lovely sprinkles!

Derek is my brother-in-law. The photos are of my sister Elizabeth and my nephews, Joshua and Thomas. Joshua loves cooking with my sister and especially likes to help stir the batter when making muffins. It makes me happy to see that he loves cooking and decorating, much like his Aunt Jenni.

Looks like a fun place to work. I'm going to have to apply for a job there when my skills have improved enough to meet their expectations. :-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thats cute. Soon enough we'll have pictures to send too when mom starts christmas cookies.