Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Looking for some feedback

I'm always up to something

I added my page counter to the blog maybe two months ago and have been delighted to see the numbers climb so steadily. I know you are out there and are reading my blog. I know many of you are coming back often and spreading the word to friends and family. Thank you!

When I started this blog last April, it was to help share the multiple things I am doing mostly with my family and friends. I had just started my garden at the Belmont Community Gardens (which I intend to continue this year). I started my short career on the New Hampshire Roller Derby team, and was just starting to post about occassional kitchen experiments. During the few short months, I started realizing how much food and cooking was my true passion, so in a sense my blog led me to find my calling and answer it. I have enjoyed sharing this with everyone, and hope I have provided some entertainment and inspiration to my readers.

Now I am going to ask you to participate. Among all the wonderful things that have happened to me so far this year, I have been offered a food column on an up and coming website and magazine. At this point I have been given freedom to write about anything food related. Wow, that is a big area. So this is where I turn to you. I want to know what is it that keeps you coming back to my blog and makes you want to share it with others? What kind of food information would you expect to find on a website and in a magazine that is geared towards events and entertainment? Do you want recipes, restaurant reviews, the lastest trends in cookware and food? What am I doing in my blog that is great and what can I do better? Please be honest, it will only help me grow and improve. Please feel free to leave comments here, or email me directly at jennilovesfood@gmail.com

Thanks again for all the support. Here's to bigger and better things.

2 comments:

Nimgimli said...

I visit (aside from having worked with you and so being genuinely interested in what you're up to) for mostly aspirational reasons. Chances are, I'm never going to try to replicate what you're making, so specific recipes (ie, 1 cp sugar, 2 tbl cayenne pepper) don't interest me. I'm more interested in the overall process and seeing what you come up with next.

Rohit Kumar Chemudupati said...

I visit you because I see you doing, at the moment, what I wanted to do some time ago. (And still harbor plans of doing in the future.) Also, as Pete said, the process that you detail out in your posts interests me in my own culinary (mis)adventures.